<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.thevintagevalley.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
The Vintage Valley: She wants to go to the seaside..

The Vintage Valley

The personal blog of a vintage & goodwill shopper

Wednesday, March 17, 2010

She wants to go to the seaside..













Usually i like to inject a little Zen into my day, just simple things like reading my book under a tree or taking a walk in my local park after work (its so amazing it has to be one of the most magical places i know) but its not often i drive down to the beach after work so yesterday i did,

To start off its an amazing drive down the coast with all windows down, the wind whipping my hair and playing Fruit Bats up high on my cd player!! and then i set up my camera (after finding what i thought was a semi secluded spot) after taking a few shots before the sun set a random cute guy came running up to me out of nowhere (shirt off...gasp :) i was so mortified as i had just been posing like an idiot!! did i mention he was so so cute? anyway he asked me if i wanted him to help me take some photos...to which i then made a complete idiot of myself.... my face went bright red i started stuttering.. "no no thats fine..im just waiting for the sun to set...thats fine uh oh..umm thankyou but i wasnt taking photos of myself...why would i do that..hahhaha.." so then he gave me a weird grin and jogged off... and then i smacked myself in the forehead swore at myself and..yup sat on the sand to watch the sunset ALONE... i swear it sounds like the start to a romantic movie guy meets girl on beach guy offers to take pictures asks her out on a date they get married have children and lived happily ever after..instead its one extremely embarressed girl and her camera... it think im destined to be a lonely woman with 50 cats hahaha.

Well that was a long story..enough of that more about the outfit!! i found this Ivy dress on sale!! and its so beautiful to wear i feel so whimsical & pretty in it!! worn with vintage brown belt & Sportsgirl glasses.

Hope you all are having a fab week so far XX

24 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ah!! You need to go back tomorrow at the SAME TIME and see him!! And explain it! haha

Oh hilarious!

Very nice dress!

March 17, 2010 at 7:38 PM  
Blogger Sarah K. said...

aww, that's such a cute story! even if it didn't work out like a dream. :o)
your pictures are so beautiful, I'm sure he was just dazzled by you anyway!

March 17, 2010 at 7:46 PM  
Blogger Leanne said...

wow! these photos are so beautiful... as is your dress!

-leanne

March 17, 2010 at 8:01 PM  
Blogger debra@dustjacket said...

Okay I want you to haunt that beach till you meet again....and this time say yes..lol.

I adore these pictures, great outfit and location. The third is my fav.
xxx

March 17, 2010 at 8:22 PM  
Blogger Madeline Veenstra said...

Love this dress! Such a cute story, maybe next time you go, he'll be there :)

March 17, 2010 at 8:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love that dress, especially the low back! And that second photo is absolutely amazing! I can't wait to wear long dresses on the beach this summer. You've officially made me envious

http://shoesfordessert.blogspot.com/

March 17, 2010 at 8:56 PM  
Blogger amanda said...

amazing photos! and that dress is perfect. absolutely gorgeous!!

March 17, 2010 at 9:14 PM  
Blogger Jessa Lee said...

wow, such a beautiful set of photos, and I love the dress :)

p.s. I tagged you in a post xx

March 17, 2010 at 10:07 PM  
Blogger Natalie Suarez said...

beautiful photos! ur title reminds me of the kooks song! :))

natalieoffduty.blogspot.com

March 17, 2010 at 10:36 PM  
Blogger Kim said...

Cute story, we have all been there I am sure :D

I love this dress and yet again you manage to make me home sick!! :D

I miss drives along the West Coast Highway when the sea breeze is in... sigh! :D

March 17, 2010 at 11:23 PM  
Blogger _ said...

haha!
your story made me laugh. been there, for sure. (but next time - let him take pictures for you! how often does a cute, shirtless man run down the beach and offer to photograph you? ok, probably more often in australia than in canada....but, still.)

by the way, i have the same sunglasses!
s.

March 18, 2010 at 12:55 AM  
Blogger Diana said...

Your dress is gorgeous! And I love your pics, esp the 2nd and 3rd :)

http://thegirloverboard.tumblr.com

March 18, 2010 at 1:42 AM  
Blogger powlah said...

You look very beautiful in this amazing dress and belt. I noticed that you are doing a lot of the waist belt effect, which I would like to do more of but cant figure out if it looks right on me. Do you think some body types dont work with this trend? I have a small upper half with more curvy hips and thighs. I never seem to feel like I can make the waist belt thing work for me! help :)

March 18, 2010 at 10:10 AM  
Blogger Stephanie said...

Amazing. I live about 10 miles from the beach, but I never think to go. I think I might.

Funny story :) I'm always self-conscious of taking fashion photos outside for fear of a stranger gawking.

March 18, 2010 at 10:34 AM  
Blogger Louise Turner Stylist said...

Gorgeous photos!
Also, I'm so glad that I'm not the only person who tends to make a fool of themselves (though I'm sure you weren't as silly as you think!). And maybe this is just the beginning of the rom-com movie, next time you might catch him off guard!
xx
fifthsparrow.blogspot.com

March 18, 2010 at 3:56 PM  
Blogger rachel red lips said...

oh my god!! that is such a fairy tale! you MUST go back to the beach and see if he's hanging around again! pleeeeease

March 18, 2010 at 4:02 PM  
Blogger soph // and other things said...

These photos are a dream. If your life was a romantic movie, I'm sure that this incident would the the "missed opportunity" and then you'd run into the guy soon in an unexpected place. So there's still hope! Anyway, these photos make me want to go to the beach, but right now they coast is all cyclonic so it wouldn't be as majestic as your photos!

March 18, 2010 at 4:13 PM  
Blogger Sarah said...

Thats such a cute story hehe. Your photos are great tho :) Im embarrased posing in front of my bf let alone a stranger lol

March 19, 2010 at 1:45 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Saw your link on idée géniale's blog and love your style! Your latest post is totally cracking me up :) You got some absolutely beautiful shots.. Looking forward to reading your posts!

~ megan
http://transmissionme.blogspot.com/

March 19, 2010 at 6:52 PM  
Blogger Mel said...

What a beautiful dress, and the beach setting is so romantic! Haha that story is cute, he was probably captured by your beauty and wanted an excuse to meet you!

March 19, 2010 at 6:54 PM  
Blogger stylestalker said...

i just got back from the beach ...isnt it amazing how 'zen' it makes you feel? you just cannot be stresses after the beach. gorgeous dress!!

March 19, 2010 at 8:48 PM  
Blogger Vanessa and Jana said...

So super cute photos at the beach! We now miss the ocean and the sand.
Greetings from Berlin
J&V

http://midnightcouture.blogspot.com/

March 20, 2010 at 2:42 PM  
Blogger Tieka, Selective Potential said...

Aawwww!! That story is so freaking cute! You have to go back and meet him!!

These photos are stunning - you look amazing! Your sand is so white compared to ours!

March 22, 2010 at 8:56 PM  
Blogger Kirstie. said...

Thats so sad to hear but that just might have not been your moment. That is exactly something I would do though. Your photography is beautiful.

-Kirstie

March 28, 2010 at 8:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home