<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.thevintagevalley.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
The Vintage Valley: Fire Engine Red

The Vintage Valley

The personal blog of a vintage & goodwill shopper

Monday, April 19, 2010

Fire Engine Red




Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

I don’t actually think ive ever been a big hat person, ive usually stuck to headbands. But this autumn ive been catching myself on the lookout for them, what is going on??
I actually have a feeling its because of my fringe!! Weirdly enough..because im a fairly lazy person when it comes to my hair after I have it coloured im good with it for about 2 weeks and then I start putting it in a bun or pinning it back, so going and getting a fringe was a bit of a joke to my friends because its just an added thing to do in the morning (what can I say I like to sleep in)

I was thrifting last week and went up to the counter to pay and this gorgeous little red cap was sitting there all lonely, and I instantly wanted it!! So far I have worn it twice and it just goes with everything, even if it is a bright red colour.

Since last week I have been on the hunt for the perfect sewing machine and classes to learn how to use it once I get it haha and so far this is at the top of my wish list. Its just too perfect for words. Before you know it I will be whipping up more headbands and altering my dresses!!

I will be heading to the We heart vintage sale on Saturday I haven’t been to this one before and its just down the road from me so ill be snapping away on my camera and showing you all the goodies im sure ill find over the weekend here is a little interview of the ladies behind it on the Winifred and Bance website if you want to have a snoop..

I also found this cute little skirt thrifting last week and I have the urge to take it up a few lengths (I think it would be so much cuter just a tad shorter) it has sea shells printed all over it (gasp..too cute) and on Sunday I made some double layer cupcakes.. after cursing my oven for having weird settings and making them rise wrong grrr I decided id just make the best of what I had..im so determined to get it right next time.. even with a dodgy oven!!!

(Vintage seashell skirt, side bag, red cap & white sleeveless embroided shirt worn with gifted red Mary Jane heels)

23 Comments:

Blogger _ said...

the hat looks great on you!
however, it is that crop top that is KILLING me! thanks to you, i will probably be taking to the scissors this week and hacking away at all my shirts.
s.

April 19, 2010 at 8:39 PM  
Blogger Tieka, Selective Potential said...

Oh, the red hat is so pretty on you! But I just love this whole outfit in general - the skirt's print is darling!

April 19, 2010 at 8:50 PM  
Blogger Taylor Sterling said...

wow love the hat and the skirt!! You are so lovely!!

April 19, 2010 at 8:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The seashell skirt is so much fun! And I love the hat (and RADIOHEAD!!)

xx,
Dee

April 19, 2010 at 8:58 PM  
Blogger Natalie Suarez said...

absolutely beautiful colors! love it :)

natalieoffduty.blogspot.com

April 19, 2010 at 9:22 PM  
Anonymous Tracy said...

You take great pics! and you look wonderful in a hat! I love to have a hat to throw on in the morning when I don't have time to do anything with my hair--not much of a morning person either ;)

Hey, I'll be sending something off to you tomorrow due to the blogger art swap--hope you enjoy!!!!!!!!
xo
Tracy

April 19, 2010 at 9:33 PM  
Blogger Feisjanter said...

love the hat... and the cupcakes! yummy...

April 20, 2010 at 2:19 AM  
Blogger Krista said...

Love the whole outfit and the hat looks great, I too have never been much of a hat person but am loving them lately, particularly for Autumn and Winter, they just finish off an outfit so well. I think the lenght of the skirt is perfect, you're lucky you have the height to look so great in a skirt that length!

April 20, 2010 at 5:03 AM  
Blogger THELOOKING_GLASS said...

You look darling in the hat!
I love HATS!
Hats transform outfits, instantly!
Bring back the hat!

April 20, 2010 at 5:30 AM  
Blogger Rebecca Jane said...

I love hats, even though I often don't look great in them. Yours is so cute!

April 20, 2010 at 6:48 AM  
Blogger Fabulocity in Amish Country said...

Beautiful look! And fab photos! :)

April 20, 2010 at 11:04 AM  
Blogger Neekoh said...

The pop of red in the hat really works well with the pattern on the skirt. Great look!

Live Love LA

April 20, 2010 at 11:38 AM  
Blogger Sarah K. said...

adorable!
I used to be obsessed with hats, but I don't have any spring-appropriate ones...gotta work on that!

April 20, 2010 at 1:20 PM  
Blogger Valerie said...

I love your red hat! I'm not usually a hat person either, but this one is fabulous.

xo
Valerie

April 20, 2010 at 3:09 PM  
Blogger rachel red lips said...

good luck on the sewing machine hunt! my boy bought one at a thrift store for $14...so check thrift stores!

April 20, 2010 at 4:49 PM  
Blogger Kate said...

love your skirt!! looks fantastic on you!

April 20, 2010 at 6:11 PM  
Blogger Lemon said...

your fashion sense is amazing! love the hat!

April 20, 2010 at 8:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Such a cute outfit! I like the print on your skirt... I'm not a hat person either. I definitely can't pull one off. On the other hand, you look lovely.

Anyway, congrats on being featured on Glamour.com. I'm a new follower!

unravelledthreads.blogspot.com

April 21, 2010 at 8:02 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

A second congratulation to being featured on glamour.com i just found you blog and it is fantastic. I love your outfit that skirt is awesome and although i am not really a hat person like most of the other commentors it looks great on you!

http://prettyniftythriftyfashion.blogspot.com/

April 21, 2010 at 11:41 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

how very very pretty!

xo

justyna

April 21, 2010 at 6:21 PM  
Blogger bollywoodstylediaries said...

I am also not a hat person but I like this one..It looks good on u and adds a pop of color to the outfit..awesome blog!!

http://bollywoodstylediaries.blogspot.com

April 22, 2010 at 11:33 AM  
Blogger Draft of Vintage said...

That hat is superb! What a great find!!! My friend just turned me on to your blog- I'm excited to start following! The cupcakes look delicious!

April 22, 2010 at 12:42 PM  
Anonymous Tracy, The Wardrobe Wanderer said...

a little parcel is on the way to Australia for you--via the Blogger Art Swap :)
You have a lovely blog here!

April 22, 2010 at 6:02 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home