<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.thevintagevalley.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
The Vintage Valley: I adore series...

The Vintage Valley

The personal blog of a vintage & goodwill shopper

Thursday, April 29, 2010

I adore series...

I adore series, Edition 1

Welcome to the very first edition of the I adore series.
For sometime now I have been asked by a few lovely followers where I get my vintage finds from!! And since it is no secret I find a lot of my pieces from goodwill shops I also have a group of my favourite vintage shops around Perth where I go when im looking for something extra special I have decided to make a little series out of it to share my favourite shops and boutiques I adore.

Lucy In Disguise
Shop 3/144 Rokeby Road Subiaco WA

Photobucket

Photobucket
I would have to say when this gorgeous little boutique opened up down the street from where I work last year I didn’t think it would spark a bit of an obsession.. I actually came across it by accident walking to the supermarket and the first thing I saw was all these amazing dresses hung in the window and that was it I was in love.

Not only is it the cutest little shop but the selection of pieces is amazing, i cant actually remember not walking out with something that has completely made my day!!!

Erina, the lovely owner of Lucy in Disguise sources all her pieces from all around Australia everything from vintage dresses with immaculate beading and embroidery to,

Photobucket

Photobucket
Vintage nightgowns (how amazing is this piece, i could imagine swanning around my bedroom reading books and sipping cups of tea all day in this)

Photobucket
1970’s patterned dresses..i have fallen in love with the dress on the left..i think it might be my next purchase!!!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
And belts,hats, purses and accessories

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
You may also remember this gorgeous yellow 1950’s dress I bought from her too (which is by far one of my favourite finds)

They even have a fancy dress hire section too…
So if any of you ladies live in the perth suburb's please do yourself a favour and take a trip to Lucy in disguise you never know what you might find!!!

(A big thankyou to Erina for letting me run around her shop like a madman pulling out pieces to photograph haha)

I hope you have all enjoyed this post, there will be an I adore edition every month so keep a look out for them..
XX

4 Comments:

Blogger _ said...

oh, i wish i lived in australia! that shop looks adorable. i am such a terrible vintage shopper. i wish we lived near each other so you could teach me your ways!
s.

April 29, 2010 at 9:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for posting this! I am not a vintage shopper myself, however, I am becoming more and more interested in Vintage shopping. I think it's due to your blog and some other Vintage Blogs I've become drawn to lately. I may pay this little shop a visit sometime. Looks fantastic.

April 29, 2010 at 10:33 PM  
Blogger COME OVER TO THE DARK SIDE... WE HAVE CANDY said...

Great post, great items!

April 30, 2010 at 10:59 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Nice cloths!!
You have posted great stylish Vintage Dresses. These dresses are best for a occasion like marriage ceremony,birthday party etc. you will look great in these dresses.

July 9, 2014 at 12:10 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home