<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.thevintagevalley.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
The Vintage Valley: Inspire Me Friday..

The Vintage Valley

The personal blog of a vintage & goodwill shopper

Thursday, May 13, 2010

Inspire Me Friday..

This could mayb...one day be my wedding dress, (one day ha-ha) mayb not with that high of a neckline but all the same my heart skipped a beat a little when i saw it.. Im starting a sewing course soon (im super excited) i cant wait to be whipping up cute vintage dresses like these three.. (and probably stuffing up a few on the way) but i think it will definatley be worth it!!! its something ive always had an urge to do!!!!
All above pictures are from Vintage Vogue. The very last black and white image gets me everytime i look at it, her hat is adorable and she looks incredibly perfect even down to the weary look on her face.. i always look at black and white images and imagine what colours their clothes actually are..hmmm im thinking shes wearing a bright red hat a camel coloured coat and cream cotton gloves (sigh)
Kennedy Holmes before i started this blog i would always browse the pages in her blog and drool over her many amazing hats and outfits she has such a classic style..i think she actually motivated me a little to start blogging really.. i just wish i could find vintage shoes that actually fit me, hers are so (sigh) amazing... and she also sells her awesome vintage finds on her etsy too.
I found this gorgeous girl on Chictopia she had me sold on this outfit (makes me long for summer again) i mean perfection red heels and yellow shorts!!! all of her outfits are flawless if you dont believe me check it out for yourself!! this is her blog its a definate read..
Another Australian girl i love Esme, she shares my love of fitted pencil skirts and fine details from her range of gorgeous red shoes to her perfectly applied red lipstick i always get a little mad when i read her blog because she always makes me want to go out and shop right away..and i cant ..because the bank wont let me :( i always follow her because we have the same seasons.. and she always makes me think ohhhhhh i wouldnt have thought to wear it that way...
Helmi is honestly is one of my biggest style inspirations she has the most to die for collection of trench coats and jackets and if you live in the colder parts of the world (i.e-snow) check her out she makes freezing your butt off look extremely stylish!!!! her blog does need translation but i always stop in to check out her pictures and wish i could emulate her outfits!!
I hope this inspired you a little for the weekend..
I have my bags packed and my camera ready to document my weekend away be sure to stop by Monday for a possibly unbearably long post haha
XX

10 Comments:

Blogger Kristen said...

#1 That wedding dress is to die for.

#2 what wonderful style inspirations. I'm following all 4. Thanks for sharing

#3 Have fun on your trip!!

~K

May 13, 2010 at 9:06 PM  
Blogger Kallie, Happy Honey and Lark said...

I love Helmi's blog too! Thanks for the finds. I especially like the three women on the street, I love how people always dressed up a little to leave the house. Now everyone where I live just wears sweats or jeans, but how fun would it be to wear gloves and a hat everyday with a beautiful cotton dress and call it casual?

May 14, 2010 at 5:03 AM  
Blogger mel said...

ohh gorgeous intage dresses! i lov them:) and il go see those blogs, have a gd weekend
x

peterbellandtinkerpan.blogspot.com

May 14, 2010 at 7:47 AM  
Blogger Rebecca Jane said...

that first dress is absolutely lovely!

May 14, 2010 at 9:03 AM  
Blogger Becky said...

Wow, all those blogs are so great! Thanks for the tip :)

May 14, 2010 at 9:50 AM  
Blogger veronika, tick tock vintage. said...

that wedding dress is drop dead gorgeous.

May 14, 2010 at 1:55 PM  
Blogger Vera said...

came across your blog - it's so lovely <3

i'm loving all the pictures in this post.

May 14, 2010 at 2:54 PM  
Blogger iris said...

Beautiful inspirational blogs, thanks for posting... didn't know them!
besos
:)

May 15, 2010 at 1:56 PM  
Blogger Hilary said...

Oh my goodness, I love the first vintage photo of the gorgeous lady in white...Stunning dress! I also love Vintage Vogue and have used them as sources for several of my own inspirational posts. Thanks for the blog referrals, too...it's always great to find more people to follow. :) Can't wait to see what you have to share tomorrow.

http://www.hilaryinspired.com

May 16, 2010 at 5:56 PM  
Blogger Hilary said...

Oh my goodness, I love the first vintage photo of the gorgeous lady in white...Stunning dress! I also love Vintage Vogue and have used them as sources for several of my own inspirational posts. Thanks for the blog referrals, too...it's always great to find more people to follow. :) Can't wait to see what you have to share tomorrow.

http://www.hilaryinspired.com

May 16, 2010 at 5:57 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home