<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.thevintagevalley.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
The Vintage Valley: Ballerina...

The Vintage Valley

The personal blog of a vintage & goodwill shopper

Thursday, August 22, 2013

Ballerina...

 photo _MG_0644_zpsdfe17376.jpg

 photo _MG_0639_zps4345696b.jpg

 photo _MG_0649_zps64569782.jpg

 photo _MG_0662_zps2ca91c0a.jpg

 photo _MG_0655_zps47b90fda.jpg
I had the most wonderful realisation that Spring is just around the corner!! Im a transition weather kinda girl, Autumn or Spring i feel are my seasons possibly because they are the prettiest! The flowers are coming into bloom and im sure i will be leaning away from stockings very soon! (erm...that totally rhymed) this dress is possibly the shortest length i have in my wardrobe i tend to shy away from a higher hem not only for comfort level but i feel more like a lady with a little 'leave it to the imagination' it has an adorable almost leaf design in a mulberry colour (possibly suited to Autumn more..but hey! lets break the rules) and im a sucker for a high collar.

The ballerina brooch was given to me by the owner of an antique store, she saw me eyeing it in the cabinet whilst she was putting my purchases through and without me knowing slipped it into my bag! when i got home i had the loveliest surprise and i immediately set about passing on the anonymous warm and fuzzy's (even just buying the next persons coffee in the morning is a good way to start the day).

So my week has been quite relaxing, although i did go on a first date which was...interesting! Makes me feel like i am completely out of the game these days you forget how awkward and hilarious it is..even in the end if all you do is make a great friend then its all worth it!   


Hope you all have a fab weekend planned, i am catching up with a few friends for cocktails and squeezing in a little family time too..
Xx

(Wearing: Vintage dress, Vintage belt, Vintage brooch, Varga heels, Vintage purse) 

Labels:

9 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

This dress looks amazing on you! I love the print and the detailed buttons. The ballerina pin is so adorable too.
And I'm glad to hear your first date wasn't bad!

August 22, 2013 at 9:55 PM  
Anonymous Roz said...

Such a fabulous dress! It looks beautiful on you.

August 22, 2013 at 11:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a cute pin! I'm ready for a season change, too. I keep buying sweaters, but it's not going to cool off for quite a while. First dates can be cool, will there be a second date??? Have a good weekend!

Mabel
Life of Mabel

August 23, 2013 at 6:38 AM  
Blogger Melodie said...

That is such a lovely gesture from that lady! And I can totally see why you were eyeing that brooch it's just the prettiest ever!
As for myself, I'm now transitioning to autumn here in France and since summer was exactly like I wanted it to be (sunny and oh my, so warm!) I'm looking forward for the weather to cool off a bit and the leafs to fall down...
Hope you'll have a lovely weekend dear girl, enjoy!
Love
Melodie
http://sevenlivesandmore.blogspot.fr/

August 24, 2013 at 9:27 AM  
Blogger Viktoria K said...

You look so adorable, love the light colors :)

xoxo
www.zerxzastyle.blogspot.com

August 24, 2013 at 2:09 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

What an adorable, kind thing for that shop lady to do for you - every time you wear the brooch I'm sure you think of her :) Lovely dress, I agree with you about hemlines!

August 25, 2013 at 2:17 AM  
Anonymous Meghan said...

Can you believe it's been a whole year since we shot your lookbook campaign?! x

August 26, 2013 at 2:06 AM  
Blogger Ally said...

I know right!!! crazy!!!! xxxx

August 27, 2013 at 8:46 PM  
Blogger Ally said...

Ohhh sunny France! how amazing...and the brooch is one of my fav's ;) love it!!

August 27, 2013 at 8:47 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home